top of page

Attorney in Washington County, Oklahoma

Kyle Persaud was born in Bartlesville and has been a lifelong resident of Washington County. Since 2009, he has practiced law in Washington County. He practices primarily in the areas of civil, family, estate planning, probate, and immigration law.

Mr. Persaud's law firm is a trusted member of the Bartlesville Chamber of Commerce.

The Persaud Law Office is located at 515 SE Delaware Ave., in Bartlesville, Oklahoma.

We've Moved.PNG

Legal Services in Washington County, OK

Civil Law – A civil case is any case, other than a criminal case, filed in court. (For further information about the difference between civil and criminal cases, click here). The Persaud Law Office has handled many civil cases in Washington County. If you find yourself in a Washington County civil case, it’s best to hire an experienced Washington County attorney. There are certain local court rules in Washington County, as well as local customs, and it’s a good idea to have an attorney familiar with those rules and customs.

Family Law – The Persaud Law Office has represented clients in many Washington County family law cases. Family law includes divorce, custody, adoption, child support, paternity, and guardianship cases. If you have a family law case in Washington County, you should find a Washington County lawyer experienced in family law.

One law that frequently applies in Washington County cases is the Indian Child Welfare Act. (ICWA.) There is both a federal and a state Indian Child Welfare Act. Both of these acts apply in most child custody proceedings involving a child who is eligible for membership in an Indian tribe. Even if a child does not have a CDIB card, ICWA may apply. (The ICWA laws do not apply in divorce proceedings.) If you have a family law case in Washington County, and you believe ICWA may apply, make sure your lawyer is familiar with ICWA. The Persaud Law Office is experienced with ICWA, and we can help you if ICWA applies in your case.

Estate Planning and Probate – Estate planning is where you prepare documents that direct what will happen to your property, and your minor children when you die. Probate is the process of distributing a deceased person’s estate.

If a person owned property, or mineral rights, in Washington County, the planning or probate of the person’s estate will likely involve an examination of Washington County Land Records. The Persaud Law Office is experienced in dealing with the orderly transfer of Washington County property.

Immigration – Most immigration law is federal, and applies nationwide. However, the state of Oklahoma has passed laws aimed at enforcing federal immigration laws; these laws restrict certain benefits that may be provided to people who aren’t legally present in the U.S. (To see examples, click here). If you are in Oklahoma and need immigration assistance, it’s best to hire a lawyer familiar with both state and federal immigration laws.

Washington County Legal Resources

What’s the difference between the Court Clerk, the County Clerk, and the Assessor?


Many people confuse the functions of the three offices.

The Court Clerk keeps records of all documents that have been filed in cases in Washington County District Court. These include criminal cases, civil cases, divorce/custody matters, and probate cases. The Court Clerk also keeps marriage records.

The County Clerk keeps records of all documents relating to land in Washington County. These include deeds, mortgages, liens, easements, and oil leases. The County Clerk keeps records going back to the nineteenth century, when the federal government transferred the land to the Indians.

The Assessor determines the amount taxed on all property in Washington County. The Assessor’s office maintains records of the current owner of all property in the county, as well as the taxable value of all property in the county. (To find out how to contest the amount of property tax levied on your property, see my blog post here.)

Another useful source for obtaining records on land is an abstract company. An abstract company prepares an abstract, which is a book of all historical documents relating to a particular piece of property from the first transfer of property from the government to the original owner, all the way up to the present day. For further information on abstracting, click here.

Washington County has two abstract companies: Musselman Abstract, and Southern Abstract.

Get in Touch with a Washington County Lawyer Today

If you have a legal matter pending in Washington County, it can be a big help to have a Washington County attorney advising you. The Persaud Law Office is ready to assist you. Don’t hesitate to give us a call at 918-217-4018!

bottom of page